Register for this Event
For several years it has been suggested that public-private partnerships (P3s) hold great promise as a vehicle to better align public and private investment in discussions about replacing our crumbling infrastructure, addressing climate change adaptation, and building resilience to disasters and extreme weather. Even though P3s are highly touted in concept, questions exist regarding how P3s are accurately defined, how they can be implemented and financed, and what role they should play at the international, national, and local level.
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI), in conjunction with the Government and Private Sector Initiatives Committee of ABA SEER and the Environmental Section of the Maryland State Bar Association, invite you to join us for a half-day session that will shed light on the current state of play in the use of P3s to advance sustainability and resilience.
- The R!SE initiative, highlighting UN-supported work relating to disaster risk reduction at the international level.
- Findings from Congressional Transportation & Infrastructure Committee’s Panel at the national-level.
- The Prince George’s County’s “Clean Water Partnership” P3, which was just recognized by the EPA and the White House CEQ for its innovative approach towards developing and improving Prince George’s County’s green infrastructure.
Attendees will interact with experts in this field and both the potential benefits of P3s and the challenges facing implementation will be addressed in various contexts.
- Yvonne Castillo, Director, Business & Practice Policy, The American Institute of Architects
- Clare Doherty, Director, Budget and Program Analysis, and David Connolly, Majority Staff, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Ira Feldman, greentrack strategies, ABA Task Force on Sustainable Development; Vice Chair for Sustainability, GPSI. Ira serves on the UNCITRAL P3 Expert Group and the World Bank Law Justice & Development Community of Practice on PPPs
- Roger Feldman, Andrews Kurth, co-chair ABA SEER Government & Private Sector Innovations (GPSI) Committee and Past Chair, National Council for Public-Private Partnerships
- David Kaufman, Vice President and Director, Safety and Security, CNA Corporation
- Adam Ortiz, Director, Prince George’s County, Maryland Department of Environment
- Nick Shufro, Director, Advisory, Sustainable Business Solutions, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Environmental Law Institute
1730 M Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington DC 20036