Register for this Event
Join the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments for the first of 2 upcoming workshops on solar energy for the DMV local and regional businesses. The goal of these sessions is to convene stakeholders to discuss resources, opportunities, and barriers for commercial projects in the solar market. Invited participants include local government clean energy program representatives, experts from the DOE SunShot Initiative, building owners and commercial business leaders.
Sessions Will Include:
- Learn more about the different market forces and incentives that affect solar projects in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
- Learn more about how solar projects are financed, and how commercial property owners can capitalize on solar energy for better energy performance and cost savings
- Learn about challenges in the sector, what drives local business to be interested in solar, how to engage with small businesses on solar.
- Facilitated Q&A work session on addressing challenges of growing solar adoption in the commercial sector.
- Hear case studies, including from small business leaders, about small commercial solar project success.
- Hear about lessons learned from residential vs small commercial solarize or solar coop projects, and from faith-based and non-profit sector program success.
- Discuss approaches to reducing the soft costs associated with solar projects.
- Discuss opportunities through community solar/virtual net metering laws in DC & MD.
- Case studies on an active small commercial solar systems
- Discuss sample solar workshop toolkit options and needs for additional resources to include in a toolkit.
For more information, please contact Olayinka Kolawole at DOEE (Olayinka.Kolawole@dc.gov) or Jeff King at COG (email@example.com).
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
777 North Capitol Street NE, Suite 300
Washington DC 20002