Register for this Event
Join DC Net Impact for a tour of the American Geophysical Union (AGU), the first-ever net-zero energy renovation of an existing commercial building in the District! On a tour led by AGU staff, we will get an inside look at the impressive net-zero energy features of this building, such as:
- Solar photo-voltaic array to generate renewable energy
- Water cistern for rainwater collection and reuse
- Municipal sewer heat exchange system to recover thermal energy from wastewater
- Hydroponic phytoremediation wall (green wall) to help reduce energy loads and improve indoor air quality
- Direct current electrified grid to power workstations and DC LED lighting
- Radiant ceiling cooling system that uses less energy than a traditional forced-air system
More information about the building and tour can be found here. Following the tour, we will hold an informal happy hour at nearby Boardroom in Dupont, where drinks will be available via a cash bar. We will be joined by featured guest Eric Tilden, Associate Director of Asset Services Energy & Sustainability at Cushman Wakefield.
Due to the net-zero nature of the AGU building, we have a hard stop for the tour at 6:00 p.m. to ensure they do not need to power the building overtime. The schedule below has a strict cut-off, so if you cannot make the tour, please consider joining us for our happy hour at Boardroom afterwards!
5:15: p.m. Arrive at AGU Lobby for Check-In
5:30 p.m. Tour Departs
6:00 p.m. Tour Concludes
6:15 p.m. Networking Happy Hour at Boardroom in Dupont begins
While the event is free, this is a ticketed event with limited space so please ensure that you have a ticket reserved, even if you are attending the happy hour only! Register for your FREE ticket today via Eventbrite.
American Geophysical Union
2000 Florida Avenue, NW #400
Washington DC 20009