Register for this Event
Leaders in Energy Hosts 6th Annual Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy and Sustainable Solutions Awards
Subtitle – Alliances for Action: Coalitions, Collaboration and Partnerships
“When you want to go fast, go alone, but when you want to go far, go together – African proverb
Join us at The 6th Annual Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy & Sustainable Solutions Awards and Holiday Dinner. Learn and be inspired! Our multigenerational award-winners are building alliances for action to help accelerate and scale solutions for a greener & positive future. These diverse leaders are making progress in energy efficiency, clean energy, the circular economy by reducing plastics and food waste, and sustainable communities.
Our honorees’ ages span from teens to 80s! We are never too young or too old, or middle-aged, to make a true difference! Make intriguing new friends who care as much as you do about clean energy and sustainability, locally and globally, who love to talk about it and act on it. Celebrate and network with people working in green careers and businesses, clean energy and sustainability solutions!
We need each and all of us to create the energy transition and re-green our ways!
Enjoy delicious food from MOM’s Organic Market. Join in our SILENT AUCTION with its exciting array of opportunities! Bid on memberships and event tickets for environmental and clean energy groups; on green books; an environmental documentary; and a Nissan Leaf 4-Day electric auto excursion – plus more!
Our 2019 Four Generation Awardees are:
- Gen Z/ Millennial: The Eco Teen Action Network (part of the Global Co-Lab and Smithsonian Optimism project) with its 3 Hubs on Climate Change, Responsible Consumption and Zero Hunger. (The Eco Teen Action Network Ambassadors are: Ashley Cheung, Eva Leikikh, Krithika Layagala, Kayla Peale, Sydney Rico, and Marieka Staheli)
- Gen X: Julia Cohen, Co-Founder and Manager of the Plastic Pollution Coalition, comprised of over 1000 organizations, businesses, and thought leaders in 60 countries working toward a world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impact on humans, animals, waterways, the ocean, and the environment.
- Baby Boomer, Eric Goplerud, Founder and Chair of the Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions (FACS), which helps people of faith develop local solutions to the climate crisis. FACS works with congregations to develop Green Teams give them resources to implement sustainability initiatives, programs, and education for environmental stewardship.
- World War II, Andrew Euston, Urban Ecological Designer, who under several Presidential administrations, led one of the first Federal governmental efforts to recognize the importance of non-partisan efforts to integrate social, economic, and environmental planning and design in Community Sustainability programming at the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development. He also helped stimulate the formation of the President’s Council on Sustainable Development and continues to explore ways in which to improve communities.
PLUS Emerging Leaders:
- Karen T. Campblin and Lee Williams, Co-Chairs Green New Deal Virginia Coalition and
- Mitra Kashani, Founder, Mason Environmental Justice Alliance
Learn more about our remarkable honorees here and how they can inspire us all. Thanks to our event sponsors which include Longenecker & Associates, MOM’s Organic Market, and Pepco.
Pepco Edison Place Gallery
702 8th Street, NW
Washington DC 20068