Join Catherine Novelli, former Under-Secretary of State for Economic Development, Energy and the Environment (2014 – 2017), Apple Inc. VP of Worldwide Government Affairs (2005 – 2013), and School of Foreign Service Centennial Fellow for a “townhall” discussion on business, innovation, environment and international affairs.
Some of the questions to start the conversation include:
1. What are some of the challenges for sustainability and “capitalism” to co-exist?
2. How should America respond to its domestic “green industries”? How should it react to the rise of “green industries” overseas, such as in Europe and Asia Pacific?
3. How will new technological innovations impact sustainable economic growth and international trade?
4. How do you see business and environmentalists coming together in issues such as renewable energy or conservation?
5. What roles can environmental considerations play in international affairs and public policy?
Food will be provided.
This event is hosted by the SFS Centennial Fellowship and co-hosted by GEL, GREEN and IRC.
Accommodation requests should be made by October 22nd to email@example.com
For details, contact Benjamin Henderson: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reiss Science Building, Room 122, 37th & O Streets, NW