Register for this Event
Building on a Renewable Energy and Smart Grid Suppliers Forum held in Denver, Colorado in May 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development is supporting a follow-on forum in Washington, D.C., focused on opportunities for U.S. smart grid, mini-grid, and energy storage suppliers and sources of financing.
The forum will
- Explore the emerging markets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America for U.S. smart grid, mini-grid and energy storage suppliers.
- Examine the most effective business models to use to overcome barriers in emerging markets for expanding sales and investments.
- Discuss the strategies and opportunities for U.S. smart grid, mini-grid, and energy storage suppliers to access finance and connect with partners.
- Facilitate networking with partners and investors working in the industry.
Featured speakers include:
- John McDonald, Smart Grid Business Development Leader, GE Grid Solutions
- Lara Olsen, Global Business Development & Industrial Products, Tesla Energy
- Arthur Jacquiau-Chamski, Chief Operating Officer, SparkMeter
- Kiran Kumaraswamy, Market Applications Director, Fluence
- Victoria Gunderson, International Trade Specialist, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Americas, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Emily McAteer, CEO, Odyssey Energy Solutions
- Jimmy Pannett, Lead Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Bart Edes, Representative, North America Representative Office, Asian Development Bank
- Nadia Rhazi Khawar, Global Energy Group Program Manager, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Héctor Castro Vizcarra, former Ministry for Energy Affairs in the Embassy of Mexico to the U.S.
- Guillermo Malpica Soto, Director of Trade and NAFTA Office, Ministry of Economy, Embassy of Mexico in the U.S.
- Matias Ignacio Pinto Pimentel, Trade Commissioner and Head of the Economic Department, Embassy of Chile in the U.S.
- Arunish Chawla, Economic Minister, Embassy of India
- Manuela Valencia, Investment and Cooperation Advisor, ProColombia
- William Pott, Senior Project Manager, POWER Engineers
- Anna Aguilera, Assistant General Counsel, U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA)
- David Riposo, Implementation Manager, USTDA
- María Hilda Rivera, Energy Advisor, USAID Power Africa
- Raul Flores, Private Enterprise Officer and USTDA Liaison, Power Africa
- Matt Ogonowski, USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3)
The forum will focus on market opportunities in developing countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. It is organized by the USAID-funded Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR) Activity implemented by Crown Agents-USA and Abt Associates in conjunction with the Sharing Environment and Energy Knowledge (SEEK) contract implemented by Training Resources Groups, Inc.
USAID Conference Center, Concourse McFadden
555 12th Street NW
Washington District of Columbia