Register for this Event
The Friends Committee on National Legislation, The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, RepublicEN and the American Security Project will host a briefing that highlights solutions to mitigate climate change and adapt to its consequences (such as sea level rise and drought) which are already being implemented by members of the business, national security, and faith communities.
The briefing will create awareness of the risks and opportunities that climate change offers to business, national security, and faith communities, and hopes to inspire bipartisan cooperation in Congress to catalyze solutions.
Many people find it hard to grasp the potential consequences of climate change, or are concerned that the proposed Congressional solutions will curb economic growth. This briefing seeks to inspire action by showcasing the successful strategies and practical solutions which many sectors of society are already implementing.
- Congressman Chris Gibson (R-NY)
- Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney USMC (ret.), CEO of the American Security Projects: the impacts of climate change on national security
- Brad Figel, Vice President of Public Affairs, North America, Mars, Inc.: why food companies want broad action
- Hugh Welsh, President & General Counsel of DSM North America: from coalmine to a sustainable global company
- Henne Schuwer, Ambassador of the Netherlands, Washington D.C.: proactive steps a national government is taking to address sea level rise and other uncertainties
- Diane Randall, Executive Secretary, Friends Committee on National Legislation: the faith community’s role in fostering bipartisan dialogue and action
- Alex Bozmoski (moderator), Director, Strategy & Operations at Republic EN
Q&A to follow.
To RSVP, contact Emily Wirzba at: email@example.com
Rayburn House Office Building
B340 Rayburn House Office Building