Register for this Event
Are you a practitioner in LEED design or building commissioning agent, property manager or owner working on the commissioning of buildings? Whether you work extensively on the topic, or would like to dig deeper into analysis requirements as an AP O+M, this course will provide vital knowledge and practitioner experience to up your commissioning game.
Approved for 1.5 O+M specific CE or 1.5 GA CE hrs, others report 1.5 general CE hrs; 1.5 AIA LUs approved
“Diving into Energy and Atmosphere: Ins and Outs of the Existing Buildings Commissioning – Analysis Credit”
This class will focus on how existing building commissioning procedures and energy audits can enhance a property owner’s understanding of their facility’s energy use. Participants will understand and be able to develop strategies for building owners to re-commission their properties and improve performance, while ensuring occupant comfort needs are met. After completing this course, participants will be able to identify the two paths to achieving the “Existing Building Commissioning – Analysis” credit under the Energy & Atmosphere category and required deliverables for each step of the process. Participants will also be able to identify and calculate rates of return on investment for energy upgrades and cost-benefit analysis of proposed building renovations. A project case study demonstrating achievement of this credit will also be presented.
Presenter: Jeffrey Salay, GHT Limited, Senior Principal, Section Head – Building Energy Services
- 12:00-12:10pm – Introductions
- 12:10-12:50 – Course Session
- 12:50-1:15pm – Interactive Q&A with LEED AP O+M Credential holders, and facility managers
- 1:15pm – 1:30pm – Closing
- Identify the key components of the Existing Buildings Commissioning – Analysis credit under the Energy & Atmosphere category, LEED O+M v42.
- Understand the two pathways for compliance with the EBC – Analysis credit: Options 1. Commissioning, and Option 2. ASHRAE Level II Energy Audits.
- Understand standard and additional documentation required in submitting the LEED credit Existing Building Commissioning – Analysis for review, under several compliance Options.
- Be able to calculate Simple Payback Period, Return on Investment and Cost-Benefit Ratio to demonstrate owner trade-offs for contemplated building renovations and upgrades.
- Understand how continuous commissioning and energy audits improve building performance, while ensuring operations are consistent with owner facility requirements.
- Understand and be able to explain the differences between the Existing Building Commissioning: Analysis and Implementation credits under the Energy & Atmosphere category.
Lutron Experience Center
455 Massachusetts Ave NW #770
Washington DC 20001