Register for this Event
Food and Drinks will be served
Approved for 1.0 GBCI CEU
Do you live, work, learn or play in an existing building? If so, this series could be for you.
To most people, “green building” connotes sustainable construction practices, but we can have a much greater impact on the environment if we focus on the 98 percent of buildings that are already up and running.
Property owners, managers, and engineers are at the front lines of improving building operations, and this series will go deep on the methods and benefits of implementing sustainable management practices for your property and for your bottom line. Each program will start with technical overviews of the issues and will be followed by practical how-tos and stories from management professionals who have “been there, done that.”
Session 3: Sticking with Sustainability: It’s a Team Sport!
Tuesday September 26th, 4:30pm – 7:30pm, CBRE Office DC
Do you wear too many hats and have too few resources? Find it hard to sustain performance?
The key is effective communication, buy-in from all parties, and streamlined operations. Experienced facility managers, tenants, consultants, and vendors will share and discuss the systems and approaches they use to save time and money.
- Management – policies & processes, automation, performance indicators, training, & maintenance
- Engagement: communication and buy-in for employees, tenants and vendors.
- Purchasing: How to maintain compliance with contracts and vendor selection.
- Melanie Mayo-Rodgers, SFP, FMP, Manager, Facilities, U.S. Green Building Council, Tenant Perspective
- David Troust, LEED GA, VP of Business Development, Principal Great Forest Vendor Perspective
- Emily Wilson, LEED AP O+M, WELL AP, Senior Program Manager CBRE Global Energy & Sustainability Overview, Tracking Software and Tenant Engagement
- Richard Pugh, RPA®, LEED AP O+M, Senior Property Manager, Columbia Square, Hines Property Manager Prospective
- Alexandra Harry, Program Manager, LEED AP EBOM, Market Engagement, Institute for Market Transformation
- Giuliana Kunkel, Account Manager, DC Sustainable Energy Utility
- 4:30 p.m. — Registration and networking
- 4:50 p.m. — Introductions – USGBC National Capital Region
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. — Panel discussion
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. — Interactive Q&A
- 6:30 – 6:45 p.m. — Closing
- 6:45 p.m. – 7:30p.m. — Networking, wine and cheese
CBRE Washington, D.C.
750 9th Street Northwest , Suite 900
Washington DC 20001