The full Senate Committee on Agriculture will convene a hearing entitled ” Rural Development and Energy Programs: Perspectives for the 2018 Farm Bill.”More Details
An affordable clean energy future rests increasingly with the advancement of competitive markets and consumer choice. Voluntary clean-energy procurement by corporate leaders marks a refreshing intersection of conservative and green agendas. Enabling consumers, both big and small, to pursue their preferences requires policies that allow consumers to choose their electricity supplier. Such policies also provide for better opportunities to facilitate distributed generation, as many customers prefer to provide some or all their electric needs.More Details
Coming Full Circle with Sustainability – A Workshop on Building the Circular Economy in the DMV Region
- Network with those who share a passion for sustainability as a lens for assessing systems;
- Learn from those utilizing and/or developing circular economy practices;
- Engage with others in small group discussion on how to expand these practices in business, our communities, and daily lives to accelerate the circular economy;
- Develop an action framework to further enable the circular economy in our region; and
- Receive a list of tools and resources on the circular economy.
- Barbara Englehart, Principal, Englehart Consulting and Leaders in Energy, Board Member
- Janine Finnell, Executive Director, Leaders in Energy
- Dwane Jones, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Sustainable Development, College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES), University of District of Columbia
- David Woessner, General Manager, Local Motors, Inc.
- Peter Lowitt, Director/Land Use Administrator for the Devens Enterprise Commission, the agency charged with permitting the redevelopment of the former Fort Devens army base in Massachusetts into the Devens Eco-Industrial Park (by Skype)
- Jim Schulman, Executive Manager of the Alliance for Regional Cooperation, a regional economic development organization
- Beth Offenbacker, Ph.D., Facilitator, Waterford, Inc.